Monday, December 13, 2010

snow


Ashland, Oregon. 2008. After three days of creating art in Denise Kester's studio, we were ready to head home clutching our monoprints, colorful paste paper and hand made books.

Looking up from our work on the last day, we saw something that no one had anticipated. Snow was coming down in huge heavy flakes, transforming this Oregon town. Driving was slippery if you weren't already stuck, having swerved off the road. I barely made it to the Medford airport the next day for my flight home to Boston.

The memory of slapping colors on paper, sewing bindings and writing up a storm with my sister Ruth in a studio I still dream of, is one of my favorite winter memories.

At it's best, the Christmas season is a time when people drop everything and make something. Cooking, making cards, decorating the tree and even shopping for presents takes creativity! Enjoy it all.

2 comments:

Ruth Lizotte said...

You've inspired me and rekindled a wonderful memory.
Thank you!

don said...

Sisters forever!
Great shot....