Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14

Here's another way to celebrate the season. Radio City Music Hall. The Rockettes! Get out your skates and take a turn around the rink at Rockefeller Center. I know some of my readers have done just that.

I was in New York at this time last year visiting Carrie. On the upper west side where she lived, every few blocks on Amsterdam Avenue, there was a little shack set up surrounded by fir trees. Cabins in the woods in the middle of New York. Now I know where New Yorkers get their Christmas trees. Lights were strung around them, as if an elf or Santa had moved in for a few weeks. And then one day, these small habitats were gone.

Inhabitants had surely headed back to the North Pole to start getting ready for next year!

1 comment:

Ruth Lizotte said...

Grandma used to take me (Donny too? John?) to the Rockettes during Christmas vacation....all dancers were the same height. I loved the show...hated my wool black-watch plaid wool coat with the black velvet color and velvet leggings and patent leather shoes! Hated the bow of my dress that dug into my back as I sat in the seat mesmerized by the dancers. Thanks for the memory, Barb!