Wednesday, December 24, 2008

silent night



May we here find a still point in the turning world.
May peace be with us all.
A child has come forth to stand with star dust in his hair.
May the wonder of new life bless us all.
The visible and the invisible dance together on this night.
May the spirit of love in the world join us all.

This was the responsive reading in church tonight.
David, Carrie, Eliza and I were ushers and the place was packed!
At the end we all held candles high in a dark church.
It was magical.

The visible and the invisible dance together tonight.
Love,
Barb

3 comments:

jamclean said...

As the magic of Christmas aged with our years, it remained kindled for Mom, Dad, Donnie, Ruthie, and me through the eternal wonder of your youth.
Merry Christmas.

Barbara said...

I was truly blessed with five elders looking out for me.
It was all good. But did Donny really have to take a shower on Christmas morning and make us wait at the top of the stairs in eager anticipation? Thanks for the memories!! (no...yes!)

don said...

That Donny! Trying to make up for a lifetime of control outreach. Wow...looking back on it now, what was I thinking? And noogies?

I'm probably the same wonderful person to my family now.....old friend from far away...never too far away.

Thanks for this neat reading, Barb. Maybe I'll read it at Christmas dinner today.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.