Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to my biggest blog fan!

My brother Donny comments frequently on my blog. He understands  what I am trying to communicate and often his comment illuminates something I didn't know was there.

Donny was the one who told me about One to One lessons at the Apple store many years ago. It was there that I gained my confidence on the computer, learned how to use iPhoto, make movies, make books and organize my documents. Donny has always set the example for me to stay current, to be up on the latest technology. He put all of our family photos on line, scanning hundreds and hundreds of images so that we all now have access to photos of our relatives and ourselves across the years.

 Donny has become the glue in our family- a patriarch of sorts. He keeps up with each of his siblings, checking in to see how we are, asking about our latest ventures, offering support when needed. 

I know I speak for Ruthie and John when I say have grateful we are to have such a great big brother.
It was important to our parents that the four of us stay in touch. 
They would love to know how close we all are.

Much love to you, Donny. 
and Happy Birthday! 








2 comments:

Ruth Lizotte said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!
Here's to you, Donny! May there be many happy returns of this day.
You be the glue! I be the blank page

don said...

Hi, Barb...Happy Birthday! How lucky am I to have sisters and a brother and a wonderful family nearby to give that Magic Greeting!...Happy Birthday. I was so hoping that this year it wasn't going to just be the ATM machine and my insurance broker!!...Kidding.
Families are fun...and we all need to celebrate that...which we do! Thank you. Thank you...