Friday, February 27, 2009

Radio Dreams

Every Friday morning, I trudge through the snow and ice over to Frye Street in Lewiston, Maine and host my own radio show with my friend Maddy.  The doorbell we ring to the basement studio signals a light to flash inside, and hosts of the 6-8am show know to let us in.  We cozy up in our removed little world, only reminded of the bitter winter howling outside by the snow-blocked basement windows.  It is a unique weekly escape, and sometimes a way to connect with far-away family members who loyally stream our voices into their houses all over.  Today's show wasn't heard beyond Lewiston due to website issues, so I figured I'd let listeners peek into our studio by way of the wonderful world of blogging.




6 comments:

don said...

Fantastic Eliza....great to see your spot and your fellow Coloradan and namesake.

I have missed your show the last two times. BUT....yes, BUT....we are preparing a call in from a surprise MYSTERY visitor next week. I can feel the tension building already.

jamclean said...

Shoot. I was thinking today was Thursday and tomorrow was Friday. I even had a note for tomorrow in front of my computer. A good heads-up for you two on the marketing challenges of holding an audience!

SAM said...

I'm intrigued by the room full of CDs and records competing with iTunes open on the Mac. Are you allowed to broadcast your iTunes collection?

Ruth Lizotte said...

I'm just wondering what the bottom of your jeans look like...roll ups or...? Plus I wonder how many layers of Smart Wool it takes to stay warm in a land that is covered in snow in late late February. It makes me shiver to look!

The radio station must be such fun! It is amazing to hear your wireless voices 3000 miles away and to rock to your tunes early in the morning. Thanks for the great wake-up calls!

Sylvia Elmer said...

I tuned my internet radio on at 6:59am local time on Friday, so pleased with myself to have remembered, only to realize that it ended at 7:00am. Sigh... Next week I'll do better. I am a little relieved to know that I wouldn't have been able to hear it anyway- makes my goof a little more bearable.

The snow is amazing! All the trees are in blossom here in Davis. Winter is so very far away!

Sylvia Elmer said...

I posted a west coast companion to your snowy pictures: mcelmer.wordspress.com