Monday, February 23, 2009

later today




I guess it went above freezing for a few minutes today, just as the ice was about to drop off the tree, it froze again.
Meanwhile inside, the forsythia is blooming. Hope you East Coasters stayed warm on this icy day.

Lewiston, Maine got the snow, Eliza tells us. Trees and branches down and mountains of plowed snow everywhere. It will take a long time for that to thaw! Slick ice on all the paths. It's beautiful she says. Four years in Lewiston will do that to you. A few weeks ago on a day that was below freezing, the Outing Club hosted the annual "puddle jump." Yup, they drilled a hole in the ice on the campus pond and hearty students jumped in. And you think you were cold today!

1 comment:

don said...

Double brrrrrr.

College students creating a new event by combining the word "stupid" with the word "idiotic"....and making it work (studiotic?)

Living in Boulder I should probably say, "Wow, that is really neat"....but it sounds like the former.

I'm more into the "indoor forsythia dreaming of spring" kind of phase of my life. But I'm told I have done stupid things in the past.

Wow, I hope they don't cancel it on my account!