Monday, September 1, 2008

Calley bags another peak



Hi All,
We are back from the mosquitos, I mean the woods, of northern Maine. We usually loll around on the rocks and
swim and paddle our canoe down to pristine beaches that dot this wilderness lake. Not this time. The bugs were bad!
So we climbed and got away from them. Here are David and Calley on top of Big Spencer. David is looking over at
Mt Katahdin. It was a steep climb with ladders to climb over parts of the rock face.
We had to help Calley up but going down, she just dove.
She is quite a hiker. Wish she could climb a mountain everyday to deal with all that Aussie energy!

3 comments:

John said...

Here I was wondering who the college student was in the picture, and I find out it's David!

Sorry to hear that the bugs were bad, but glad to hear it sounds like you all had a nice time regardless.

Calley certainly seems to be shaping up to be quite the outdoor companion. I can't wait to meet her one of these years!

jamclean said...

My first reaction was the same as John's!

Once you told us it was David, my heart went into my throat. Great view, but I prefer the sea level of Knotts Island.

I'm still recovering from the window washing on 5B.

don said...

And David's goin'....hey, Barb. We came here for peace and quiet and you with the camera. Give it a rest already! (note my photo in Bath of David).

But, we bloggers are very glad for the news and the snap. Thank you.

Ah, Mt. Katahdin, I'd know it anywhere.