Friday, October 23, 2009

happy birthday to my big brother!



Let's just take a minute and think about why I am able to miraculously select this photo of my father holding his first born, his name sake, and put it on my blog. I did not rifle through albums and then peal the photo out and then scan it.

No, my brother did that. That baby in the picture did that. Thanks for all the painstaking work that went into that project, Donny.

Looking more closely I see Dad is sitting in the rocking chair that I have here in my house. Mom gave it to me when Carrie was born. Wrapped in blankets that she had knit for them, I rocked both my infant daughters in that very chair.

A link through the generations.

Happy Birthday, Donny.

1 comment:

don said...

What a stud!
Boundless good (read: wondrous) qualities. Many yet to be recognized! Fortunately, great sisters and a brother to do that!
Thank you for not leaving me as an only child!
Love, Donny