Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall walk








Hello Everyone.
Here are some images from a walk David and I took last weekend. The foliage isn't very dramatic this year here in Massachusetts but the light through the trees was lovely. The woods take on a different feeling as leaves fall. The deep dark green of summer gives way to yellows, oranges, reds and actual sunlight filtering through. Loads and loads of acorns this year (almost none last year) and pine cones are abundant also. Long winter ahead? Squirrels stocking up?
One brown dog discovered someone's private hide away....

3 comments:

don said...

Love your photos....I can smell the leaves. I better get busy and give you Fall in Colo before it all goes. Thank you.

John said...

I love the photo of the nuts and leaves in the tree roots. Makes me wish I was there.

Ruth Lizotte said...

I love the light in the trees and the unsaid reminder that it's a great season to be out in it! Acorns are in abundance here in Oregon too...in fact they are knocking on my roof in handfulls right now!

Callie is classic! Gotta love having a dog on a walk!