Sunday, July 21, 2013

Maine. First stop Macmahan Island.


What is a visit to Macmahan without a photo on the steps?
We had a great time with Margaret and Mason.


Sorry about the sun in your eyes, Mason. But I was so proud of how you and Margaret were welcoming to Calley that I wanted you to have a picture of her with Uncle David!


The View.
Some things don't change.


Look what I found in the Mouse House.
 Lucy informed me that my mother had once given her a painting. So I went to find it.
I had never seen this lovely still life, dated and signed.
It looked just right on the wall of this little cabin where I know Mom and Dad stayed when they visited the Kempers so long ago.

1 comment:

Ruth Lizotte said...

Painted toenails!
Snuggles on the steps.
Sun in the eyes.
And you are the Martha McLean painting sleuth! You WILL locate all, I am sure, and in so doing have a lot of wonderful discovery moments in the process! I LOVE this one in the Mouse House! A perfect place for it indeed!