Monday, May 6, 2013

Another breakfast







Okay, so by Colorado standards 5,050 feet of elevation doesn't sound like much (Mt Elbert, 14,444 ft), but in New England, you are practically on the top of Mt.Washington (6288 ft.)! Almost all the elevation is made on foot.

A breakfast I loved was eaten at Lakes of the Clouds Hut, one mile from the summit of Mt. Washington,  in 2008 when Eliza worked there.  Eliza was one of the crew who carried the food up the mountain in a pack and prepared it for the hungry guests. For me, it was a pretty challenging climb to get there but the rewards were great. Now I wonder if I would be as  motivated to get there without my daughter as a lure at the top of the mountain. But the view, the sense of accomplishment, the quiet and the breakfast are making me wonder if I might go there again.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Oof!! This entry makes my heart hurt. I miss this place.

You snuck a picture of Madison in there... and now it's a brand new hut, with brand new bunks, and a shiny picture of me on the wall. Perhaps that's motivation enough to get you up there?? Would be so fun!!! Wish I could go with you. Or can I?...

Barbara said...

I knew I'd get your attention with this post, Eliza.
Not that you aren't always checking!
Thinking of breakfasts, I couldn't leave out the huts.

don said...

The best!...Esp love the perspective in the "table" picture. Nice work.