Monday, April 22, 2013

The Next Chapter





I had the great good fortune to be celebrated by local friends and family a few weeks before my birthday.
Many thanks to Eliza and Carrie for planning a bang up party for me.  I feel truly blessed to have two wonderful daughters who conspired to create the best ever 60th birthday party for their mom.

And as for my friends, what a great bunch rallied around. And the cake was a BOOK! A book for a cake. Thanks to Irene for that truly remarkable creation.  Can you see the page numbers?  The second half of the book is longer than the first half as you can see, so I have many pages to fill before this story is complete! 

So Happy Birthday to William Shakespeare, my grand nephew Niko Elmer and to me.
With love,
B




1 comment:

Sylvia Elmer said...

What a wonderful sounding event! I love the comparison between your birthday and the photos that follow a week later. What a contrast! Happy birthday!