Tuesday, May 29, 2012

not wedding

 Oops, I didn't mean to download this photo, but why not?  This is part of the fall window replacement project. Yes, those windows are new and yes, I stood on a ladder to paint around them since our hired painter didn't want to be up that high (we got  a good price but she had her limits.)  So while I was up there I thought, "wouldn't the Saito woodcuts that mom bought in Japan look great up here?" So David held them up  (not light) for me to see. Yes, they look great!

On to the garden.

New Englanders know that Memorial Day weekend is the first time it is safe for planting gardens. It is the first weekend with no threat of frost. So we went for it. We planted tiny organic seedlings that we bought at a near by farm. Eggplant, peppers, basil, dill, parsley, cherry tomatoes, beets and more. My favorites are zinnias and nasturtiums. Why? asks David. You can't eat them! They are pretty I say. (and you CAN eat nasturtium flowers.)









Wedding photos to follow I promise.

4 comments:

John said...

Great to catch a glimpse of David and a peek into the daily goings on of life that the first photo gives us.

Things look great in New England and in your gardens.

Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

Granny must be pleased! :-)

Anonymous said...

That could be Granny McLean or Granny Lizotte, I realize!

Sylvia Elmer said...

I actually love the photo of David holding up the pictures. It's a really nice perspective of your front hallway.

Happy gardening!