Thursday, April 7, 2011

sleepover

Can we go for a walk NOW? Pleeeze?

Dogs in my office.

Being really patient.

Calley had Lara over for a sleepover these past four nights. They ran through the woods and across fields, they ate and sat on command and waited at the door to go out. They shared the back seat of my car. They woke me at 6 am so excited to go out and chase squirrels.

Lara has gone home now, her owner back from NYC. Calley has collapsed on her bed, catching up on sleep and dreaming about swimming and having another dog around whose ear she can chew on any time she wants.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

SO CUTE!!! I couldn't stop smiling looking at these. Calley is so serious, and Lara looks so pleased! What a pair.

Irene Weigel said...

Our girls! I know this twosomeness very well! Do these girls help us define friendship? Thanks Barbara!