Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lazy Sundays



Hi all,
Last Sunday I summitted Mt Sherman (elevation 14,036 ft) with a group of 16 students from the High Mountain Institute's Rocky Mountain Semester where I'm working this fall. A Sunday activity of climbing a 14er is just one example of the yin and yang of these 11th graders' lives at HMI... one day they're in a classroom studying calculus, and the next day they're on the roof of Colorado. They're having a ball. Thought I'd share a fun photo from the top.
I hope everyone is enjoying their fall.
Love, Eliza

4 comments:

don said...

Rocky Mt high....Colorado.
Much to enjoy in the Mile High State.

Barbara said...

Thanks for posting, Eliza. My temporary but very present neck spasm prevented me from posting. I'm so sick of looking at the photo of Charlie's typewriter.

Ruth Lizotte said...

Congratulations not only to the hikers but to the buff guys who are holding you girls up! Do I see white shorts!
Holy Cow!

Sylvia Elmer said...

Looks like you're having a great time, too!