Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Great news!

An ancient picture I just found of my in New Orleans after Katrina that I get a kick out of. This feels like a long time ago.

I think that all of the good energy that has been produced from these beautiful babies coming into the world this winter/spring has rubbed off on me. I am happy to report that I've been accepted to a masters program at Harvard School of Education. I get to design my own program and work with a professor who has become my mentor and put off the cruel job search for another year. I'm thrilled, and wanted to tell everyone! Tim also got into a PhD program so we are Boston bound.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for saving the day, Carrie! WIth Ruth here, I have neglected the blog.

Meanwhile congratulations! We are so excited you will be nearby and doing great work at The Ed School!

As for the photo, I remember refridgerators lining the streets of New Orleans after Katrina all sealed with duct tape and marked with the words, "do not open!" Toxic boxes!

Sylvia Elmer said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that you will both be in the Boston area TOGETHER. What an exciting relief!

jamclean said...

Wow! Great news, Carrie...and Tim too.
Congratulations.

don said...

Nice going, Carrie.
Such good things to report from all the tree branches. Passion flowing everywhere and to such good purpose. Gratifying and fulfilling to watch.

Ruth Lizotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth Lizotte said...

Congratulations to you, Carrie! They are lucky to be getting you and the world will benefit from your focus and compassion and hard work. You are amazing!