Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Family Affair








As the Head of Residential Life at Coastal Studies for Girls this year, I have campus duties nearly 24/7. One of the perks of this demanding job is that I am motivated to make the very most of my time off. A few weeks ago, I took full advantage of a Friday night off by corralling all four O'Neils up in Maine, plus my future brother-in-law Tim (has that really not been announced on the blog yet?!), to join Roz, Lucy, and Chris for Date Night in Arrowsic. Talk about making the most of time off!

We had a delicious dinner made by Roz, a slumber party in her cozy house, and the requisite lunch at Five Island the next day before parting ways. We had perfect Maine weather while enjoying Jenny's Special and the freshest lobster in the world in the company of wonderful family. I hope this will become a tradition now that I've staked out a home in Maine this year. Thanks for a great weekend, all!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for reminding us of that great visit! Seems so long ago now. We will be planning plenty of gatherings in Maine on Friday nights, if you can't come to us Lize, we will come to you! Anyone else want to join us? There's plenty of room in Rozie's loft!

Barbara said...

And thanks for the official blog announcement of the upcoming nuptials. Are we ever excited!

don said...

How great!....those Easterners have all the fun, eh?

Ruth Lizotte said...

I know! They're doing it again tomorrow night: Eliza, CArrie and Barb will be having a sleepover in Maine. I want to be there! And I want to be at Mike Ingraham's wedding on New Year's Eve too!

Great family photo of the O'Neils with the new in-law! And the genes just keep on getting taller! Look at little Barb!