Friday, April 16, 2010

Bridge walk





Thursday was a great day to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, stand in line at Grimaldi's for the best pizza in Brooklyn, eat peach ice cream while looking down the river at the Statue of Liberty and then to walk back over the river to Manhattan and take the express train home to the upper west side.

As Carrie's two years as a Columbia student draw to a close, I took the opportunity to visit her before she packs up and leaves the island for good. I was doing my part by prying her out of the library for some fun in the sun. The weather cooperated; spring really sprung this week in New York! I returned to New England today under overcast skies and frost warnings for tonight. But in all fairness to this northern clime, I think New York had the same forcast. I hope the tulips survive!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

So fun! Sounds like the perfect NYC visit. It's sunny today in Vienna, with buds popping out all over... But still chilly in the shade. Nothing quite like emerging from a long cold NE winter. It'll only get better from here! Love!

Barbara said...

Just when I think the trip to sunny New York was just a dream, I pull off my Smartwool socks and look at my toenails. Still red! I guess I went after all! Thanks for a great time, Carrie!

whatinspires said...

love the image of you and carrie eating ice cream and looking at the statue of liberty. yes, yes, yes to prying her out of the library and into the sunshine, man these kids work hard!! pete's home for the weekend before his cancun trip. he is done w/ thesis and all his academic work and he is so stoked, said he's never worked so hard.