Monday, July 6, 2009

South/Central Asia program





Greetings everyone from Seeds of Peace, summer #2. This summer I am working as a facilitator for the South/Central Asia program, which basically means that myself and my co-facilitator Kate spend two, three hour sessions each day with young people (14-18) from India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. They are here to talk about regional stability and conflicts between their countries. These are brave, extraordinary young people who have experienced fear, war and death and have come to share their stories, face their "enemy" and work through tough, tough things together. I'm floored. It's amazing. If anyone, anyone would like to come visit, please please call me with a few days notice. 617.851.8310. I'm still processing this experience, but can tell you that its amazing place to witness. 

Love to everyone! more to come. and see you at the family reunion. 

1 comment:

don said...

Congratulations to you, Carrie. And what fun to see the smiling faces in your contribution compared to the scowls on the news all the time. How to replicate the model for greater success?