Monday, July 13, 2009

I love the croo at Lonesome Lake!








David and I hiked up to Lonesome Lake last weekend. Here are some photos. I wish I had photographed all the interesting people we met as well. People from Australia, Brazil, North Carolina and Arlington, Ma. Ranging in age from 2 years to 75 years old. The croo hiked up the food, cooked it, served all 47 of us and entertained us.

They also take care of all the systems in the hut. No power lines up here. Alternative forms of energy are used to make things run. Very impressive. These six are in charge of all of it. Including composting and packing all the trash back down. One of the croo give a "green technology" tour each evening. Environmental Education is part of their mission, it is hoped some of the ways they live in the mountains can be translated to life at home.

The best part is that they sing to you in the morning to wake you up. Five voices in harmony as you wake up in the mountains. Worth hiking back up just for that. Especially when one on the voices belongs to your daughter!

3 comments:

don said...

Thank you, Eliza.
A celebration of summer, youth and hope if there ever was one.
What fun.

Ruth Lizotte said...

I can't wait to meet the crew and see the view at Lonesome Lake! Thanks for the previews.

Unknown said...

1). I just wanted to show off the fact that I can now comment on your blog, having a new gmail account and all and
2). I love the Lonesome Lake croo TOO!!!!