Tuesday, August 12, 2008

cake





Things are a little slow in the family blog world these days. I imagine people are in transit or kicking back or tired of the rain or tired of blogging so I decided I better do my part to get things jump started.
I knew you would all be interested to see Eliza's birthday cake. It is modeled after my childhood favorite...chocolate wafer cookies layered with whipped cream. Inspired by Brad's post, I learned that this cake becomes a 4th of July cake when raspberries and blueberries are added in the American flag design. It becomes a birthday cake when Eliza's initials are written in fruit. (surely you see them in red!) We had no problem polishing it off.
Hikers have to have their share of chocolate! She headed back up Mt.Washington after our celebration.
Happy August everyone! Hope you are all well.

5 comments:

John said...

Yum! Man, all this talk of cakes and desert has me hungry. Too bad we can't share from over here in Hong Kong!

Hope you guys had a fun celebration with Eliza before sending her back up into the hills.

don said...

Eliza, Your Mom is the greatest! Happy blogilicous birthday to you. Love, Unc D

jamclean said...

Thanks for trying to get us all jump started, Barb and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA!!
The cake looks yummy. I MUST have had some way back when, but I don't remember it.

Barbara said...

Open invitation: come and see us at 4 Moccasin Hill and I will make you this cake. I'll even put YOUR initials on it!
Thanks for checking in! I was wondering if anyone was out there!
Chocolate always gets a reaction.

M/R said...

I thought that cake looked familiar- although last time it appeared on a blog it didn't have the lofty initials on it signifying the 22nd birthday! :-) Surely the birthday woman will be heading down OFF the mountain for good soon. Happy belated birthday, E! XXOO