Tuesday, May 27, 2008

graduation day




Here are some photos of Calley deep in thought. She's cramming for her Puppy Kindergarten exam. If all goes well, today she will graduate.

Let's see, what were those English words I've had to learn?
SIT... was totally easy, I knew that when I came to Moccasin Hill but took the treats and praise anyway. They were so excited.
STAY... I'll do that for a little while if I'm sure there's a treat in someone's pocket.
LIE DOWN... I can do, but stay on my haunches so I can leap up at any minute, if needed.
LEAVE IT ...leave what? I'm too curious to not explore an unknown commodity, especially if they don't want me to have it! Manure, trash, a dead bird, a sock, shoes, the possibilities are endless.
OFF... okay, I understand that they don't want me jumping up to the counters to see what food is up there. Now I understand that I will never get food that way and have to wait for them to give it to me in bowl. I guess I'll stop the kitchen counter surfing, it doesn't get me anywhere and takes a lot of energy to walk on my hind feet.
HEEL... keep the leash slack, don't pull. I get it. It will take me awhile to accept this command, there's so much to see and they walk so slowly!
CALLEY COME! ... only when I want to.

I wonder if Tucker, Montana and Sandy will be in class today. I LOVE to play!
Wish me luck.
C

2 comments:

John said...

How ABSOLUTELY cute! Are tricks next?

Might Calleymouse be coming to Maine this summer? I think Stanley is coming and having the two meet would be so fun.

SAM is there from sometime after July 4 to August 8 or 9, I think. I'm there for only a week - July 28 and leaving August 4.

Are you coming?

don said...

ok, good luck! and congratulations or, rather, umghhnthredhbuytgbjsdhfhjjknjl. Ok, dogs will know.