Thursday, July 26, 2012

Robin's garden












We are not members of a CSA this summer.  Past summers I have posted the weekly bounty on pick up day, as well as photos of the sweltering work days when we harvested strawberries and melons under the blazing sun. I have not missed that this summer.

We are growing dependable things in our own front yard garden like cucumbers, basil, kale, and waiting for the multitude of tomatoes that will appear in August. But I do miss the fennel, potatoes, celeriac, tomatillos, and daikon radish that I got at the farm. I just don't buy them at the store but when they are given to me, I figure out how to cook them. That was fun. Having a garden in my front yard, I enjoy picking parsley, dill, sage and thyme for the evening stir fry but I miss the surprise of walking through someone else's garden.

So when Robin said she had extra string beans that needed picking, I didn't lose any time to visit her in her garden. Readers of this blog have visited there before! So on my way to the bean patch, I came across some other things. Take a look!

Water is boiling! Time to throw the beans in and have some supper. Thanks, Robin.



3 comments:

Robin said...

Thank YOU Barbara! as always you manage to capture magic wherever you are. I'm in awe.

don said...

How perfect...and yummy!

whatinspires said...

exquisite photos and garden, hope you are having a fantastic summer. miss you!!