Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New Mexico morning





Hi All,
I am here in Taos at a writing/meditation retreat with Natalie Goldberg. This landscape is lovely at all times of year. Laura and I drove up from Santa Fe just ahead of the storm and are now hunkered down to write and read and go to class. After blustery wind and rattling windows in the old Adobe house where we are staying, the weather has settled and the sky is the familiar New Mexico deep blue. I will post pictures over the next few days as time allows.

And maybe some writing.
For you writers out there, todays prompts so far have been:
I remember
I feel through my feet
I don't remember.

It only takes ten minutes to trust first thoughts and
write down what comes to mind.
Those of you who have studied with Nat or with me, there
is no excuse. Get writing! I traveled this far so you could have
some fresh (or old familiar) prompts.
Keep your hand moving across the page!
You'll be glad you did.

Love to all,
me

2 comments:

don said...

The gate is great
The window the best
Is it something I ate?
Or do my brains pass the test?

Long dawns in the West
And fast dusks are the rule
Our Winters have zest
You gotta say, "This is so cool?"

So that's it for today
I feel through my feet
We're not here to play...
Let's go get something to eat!

Ruth Lizotte said...

I too feel through my feet when I slow down and breathe. All four corners grounded as I walk in slow meditation and time stops and the ta do list goes and I inhale slowly and exhale slowly ....earth ....earth ...here ...here. Your pictures are beautiful! I can't wait for the writing! "I don't remember..." What a great prompt.