Tuesday, August 3, 2010

flat out on the western plain











I spent most of the day driving along the North Platte River on Rt. 80 in Nebraska. It is marked with a red line on the above postcard and also on my map. The evening brought a staggering sky and I promise I was driving carefully. I just had to photograph the clouds tonight. This is the wide open western sky we easterners hear about. The clouds have been dramatic all day in a puffy clouds kind of way, but as the sun started to sink, they were illuminated.

In the last four days, I have driven through Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska. Tomorrow I meet the Rockies.


1 comment:

whatinspires said...

i love, love ,love these photos and all your writing about your travels. i feel like i'm vicariously experiencing it w/ you, that's what good writers do!!!so excited for you, what a brave woman, shout out to you mama. say hi to ruth and have a blast. this summer has been nothing short of epic. big breakthru w/ my photos, details in latest blog.